Sunday, February 1, 2009

Do you believe in Reincarnation?

Do you believe in reincarnation? As I have been exploring these things I have been told several times that I am an 'old soul' , that I have 'been here before' . It idea behind this thinking is very similar to the Buddhist ideas that we relive our lives over and over until we get things right. Another train of thought says that we are all in spirit in heaven and we choose lessons that we would like to learn in life. These choices are noted down in a book of records kept by the Archangel Michael. We are then born and move through life facing situations that will help us learn our chosen lessons and to improve on them. If we fail then after our earthly death, we are then 'reborn' as a baby and continue to have the needed lessons until we finally achieve what it is that we had chosen to learn.



Following this thinking, then it would be safe to assume that all that happens in our lives is not random but is an arranged process by which we hope to learn our lessons. Those who have absolute belief in these ideas also think that we chose to face these happenings and planned and agreed to them before birth. It is an interesting concept although I am not sure that people would really agree in advance to face some events of life that are all to often to horrific to contemplate.

6 comments:

  1. Im not completely sure of this theory, however this is a beautiful post & very well-written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You are interested in Spiritual matters.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why yes, I am. It is one bucket I am looking to fill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you good fortune in your journey. I am enjoying mine,I should put it all here in my blog perhaps because the net is spreading wider and wider and the blessing become more. The more I know the more I want to learn.
    I looked for your blog but could not locate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://randomdanceparty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete